INSTITUTIONAL CODE OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
1. The administrator should provide the effective academic and administrative leadership to the institution.
2. The principle of decentralization and participative management should be followed in the institutional practices.
3. The administrators should look after the effective implementation of e-governance in the different areas of administration.
4. The administrator should give proper representation considering social inclusiveness.
5. The college administrators shall fulfill their lawful duties and obligations to the government and institution with integrity and loyalty.
6. The administrator should ensure welfare of staff and students.
7. The administrator should strictly follow the strategy of mobilization and optimal utilization of funds.
8. The college administrators should respect the rights of the colleagues and the students while performing his duties.
9. The college administrators shall take responsible action to protect students and staff from conditions harmful to health and safety.
10. The college administrators should perform his duties in non-discriminatory manner.
11. The college administrators should maintain financial transparency and delivery.
12. The college administrators should make the utmost efforts to develop the institution in versatile manner.
13. The college administrators shall take responsible action to maintain educational ambience.
14. The college administrators should keep the interest of institute above the personal.
1. A teacher should teach such a manner that respects the dignity and rights of all persons without prejudice of cast, creed, gender and religion.
2. A teacher is responsible for analyzing needs, prescribing and carrying out educational programs with updated knowledge and high quality, and evaluating progress of students.
3. A teacher may not delegate his or her responsibilities to any person who is not a teacher
4. A teacher should act with honesty and integrity of their work.
5. A teacher should avoid conflicts between professional and private interests, which could affect the professional ethics.
6. A teacher should respect the privacy of others and confidential information confessed by the colleagues and students.
7. A teacher should not engage in activities, which adversely affects the qualities of professional ethics.
8. A Female teacher/staff should wear saree and male teacher/staff should wear full pant and full shirt during office hour.
9. A teacher should integrate his teaching, learning with his or her research.
10. A teacher must build a personal relationship with students by acting as a mentor for the child taking care for her both academic and personal circumstances.
CAMPUS CODE OF CONDUCT
1 Students are expected to maintain the highest standard of discipline and to conduct themselves in dignified manner of behavior inside as well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
2. A six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday is followed. Classes are scheduled from 9.00 a.m. to 4.10 p.m.
3. All the students are expected to be present in the class well -within time and late comers are expected to provide the cause. Late coming will also result in loss of attendance for the corresponding hour.
4. Students shall rise from their seats when the teacher enters the class room and remain standing till the teacher takes her/his seat or they are allowed by the teacher to sit. Silence shall be observed during class hours.
5. Teachers shall be greeted appropriately with "Good Morning Sir/Madam" or "Good Afternoon Sir/Madam” and a " Thank you Sir/Madam" when the teacher leaves the class room.
6. No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
7. Students having lab sessions in the FN or AN, have to report to the lab directly in time and they are not expected to go to the class room.
8. In the events of Student seminars/project presentations etc., it is compulsory that all the students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
9. Students can leave the campus during class hours only after getting a gate pass from the Principal, HoD, or the tutor and after making entry in the Gate Register maintained by the gate keeper.
10. All students shall leave the classes immediately after 4.15 p.m. No students shall wander or gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc. Do not spend much time in canteen, coffee shops etc.
11. All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by HoD and concerned teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
12. Students shall come to the college in approved uniforms with formal salwar suit. Besides those who are in laboratories shall wear their respective lab-coat.
13. Students shall not make any alterations to the Uniform issued from the college without the permission of the concerned HoD and any violation of this will attract a fine of Rs300 and repetition of this could result in suspension from the college.
14. All the students are expected to attend all college functions in college uniform unless otherwise specified.
15. All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed. Identity badge is a public document and any teaching staff and non teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that alone invites disciplinary action.
16. All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling etc. that goes against the existing social norms and which could go against the spirit of VJEC academic values will be referred to the discipline committee.
17. Any dress code violation noticed within the campus will attract a fine of Rs.300 and could initiate further disciplinary actions.
18. As per the Govt. order, students shall not bring powered vehicles inside the campus.
19. Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic buildings to maintain the decorum and, any deviant behavior such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
20. For independent study, students are expected to use the class rooms, library or the demarcated areas of the academic building and shall not resort to sitting in staircases or circulation areas where they could interfere with the free movement.
21. Students are encouraged to make use of the library, common computing facilities and to involve in professional body activities or any program authorized by the college beyond class hours. However under normal circumstances students shall retreat to their hostels or residences by 6.00PM.
22. Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without written permission from the concerned HoD will be treated as a case of indiscipline.
23. All the students are advised to follow the SDWC Mobile phone policy and bring to the notice of the authorities violations if any.
24. Accessing Social Networking Sites such as Face book, Twitter etc. is prohibited within the college campus however access to these sites are permitted in hostel building during time slots specified by the hostel wardens.
25. Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste baskets kept. Any violation of this shall invite a minimum fine of Rs. 100/-.
26. Consumption of intoxicants / psychotropic substances in any form or smoking or using chewing gum, pan masala etc. are strictly prohibited.
27. It is strongly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling or noting on walls, door or furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambiance.
28. Carefully handle the furniture, equipments, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property Follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage of property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair with fine.
29. Students are not permitted to arrange any unauthorized celebrations and decorations of any magnitude in the campus.
30. Students are not permitted to distribute or display (both physically and electronically) material such as notices, banners, X' mass stars etc. in the campus without the permission of the competent authority.
31. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
32. Students who intend to represent the college in intercollegiate events shall take prior permission from the concerned head of the department and the selection will be based on parameters such as academic performance, attendance, character, existing academic pressure and competence of the student in the proposed event for participation.
33. On duty leave applications will not be entertained beyond 10 working days from the actual date of leave under any circumstance. The maximum number of on duty leave admissible is restricted to 10 days per semester.
34. During internal examinations of 2 Hr period, students are not allowed to leave the hall within one hour from the beginning of the exam, and students have to occupy the seat 15 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
35. Political activity in any form is not permitted in the College campus. Unauthorized meetings, propaganda work, processions or fund collections are forbidden within the College, hostels, and outside the college.
36. Harassing juniors, ill treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
37. Misbehavior towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
38. Pay fees, mess bills etc. in advance or in time, which will avoid fines.
39. Any violation of the above rules will invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, bringing of parents or any course of corrective measure as found suitable by any staff member or higher authority of the College.
40. Expulsion from the College is enough for expulsion from the hostel.
41. Students should use complaint/suggestion boxes for any kind of suggestions for the improvement of academic, infrastructure, curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities of the college.
Mobile Phone Policy:
Introduction: The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus.
Realizing the importance of communication and the possible impact of mobile phone usage inside the campus, the following guidelines are arrived at.
• Students are not permitted to use mobile phones within the campus.
• Students who are staying in college hostels should not bring the mobile phones to the college.
• Day scholars carrying mobile phones to the college shall deposit the same in the designated place before 8.55 AM and can collect the same after 4.10 PM.
• The mobile phones shall be kept in silent mode while depositing in the designated place.
• All the staff members are empowered to confiscate mobile phones found with students violating the above rules.
• Students violating the above rules will be fined an amount of Rs 1000/- and the confiscated mobile phones will be returned to the students only after the completion of their course.
• Staff members are allowed to use mobile phones in their respective departments/staff room.